More indepth comments bellow the cut-- be warned: here there be spoilers, and they shall eat your flesh. ^_^;;
So much happened in those two hours, almost all of which blind-sided me, that I think I'm gonna have to separate things by character. So, here we go:
- Isabelle: First and most obvious. I was really leery of this whole aging thing, but the consequential draining of Lily's life force was unexpected. It was nice to see something that's usually such an obvious plot-device actually *cost* something, aside from the obvious childhood of said aged kid. I also liked that Isabelle wasn't immediately savvy about the world around her-- that she had to read and learn, even at an increased rate. That said, I still don't really *like* her aged character, though I had some moments of empathy for her. She was much more interesting as a killer baby.
- Kevin: Is a total fruitcake. As in, hanging around with Guias in a bar for group therapy sessions fruitcake. "I know I had a clean cup around here somewhere." Somebody needs to go find Tess and get her to take care of him. Also-- Kev? Teeth falling out? BAD SIGN.
- Lily: They killed Lily! *sniffles* Damn it, I *liked* her, and Lily/Richard was the 4400 OTP. They were two of the few people who actually got to be happy sometimes. Her character went out with awesome grace, though. Still-- *more sniffles*
- Richard: Poor Richard! He already has intense issues with Isabelle, now he has to deal with the fact she vampiricly drained her mother to *death*. And when Lily gave him his birthday present so early? You could see it was going to break him to lose her.
- Ilana: Yup, still annoying. Also, not much for dealing with reality, is she? Not that I wouldn't exercise the power if I had it, but she seems a little over eager.
- Tom: I find him much more likable now that he doesn't trust the government implicitly. He's Tom, you know? He's THERE. But that last bit with him and baby!kyle? Despite being really cute, it reveals just how issue laden he is. X_x;;
- Diana: I think it's gonna be interesting watching her play semi-unwilling assistant to Dr. Schizo. And, as always, I love the way she is with Maia.
- Marco: Didn't see much of him in this ep, but what we did see was cute. I like how concerned he is for Maia, and his comments during the Game of Life were adorable.
- Maia: Marco's right-- reruns of the day would be extremely boring. I always love Maia, though. I was especially pleased with the last scene between her and Tyler (lightswitch!boy). It was so characteristic of kids, and I loved the little smile she sent his way.
- Shawn: Dudes, Shawn, NOVA was a misstep. Tsk, tsk. But other than that, I have much love for Shawn, because he shoulders so much for such a young man. Also, he's so unassuming and low-key, like when he told Lily healing was "all in the wrists". I was relieved to see that he was mostly weirded out by Isabelle's "we're relating, aren't we?" spiel, but I'm still nervous. I don't really trust TV writers **cough**Stargate**cough**Smallville**cough** not to screw things up, and Shawn/Isabelle would make me scream and throw things. SHAWN/KYLE OTP, YO.
- Kyle: Where is my Kyle? WHERE? (In prison, duh. But I'd like to see him. ^_~)
- Gary: (the telepath) Totally don't blame him for turning on the govt. I would, too.
- Ryland: This guy seems to think he's living in an X-Men movie. Humanity vs the 4400? Dudes, only if you push them into a corner.
I'm ticked off with Isabelle for not telling her daddy about the guy who was smacking her around. I'm also mad at her for chickening out at the last minute, even though no one knew for sure if her death would help Lily. Shawn's "well, I slept with my brother's girlfriend" line was great, too.
Next week's episode looks a little weak, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Because a paranoid Tom is always mildly entertaining.
Off to comment in Amber's LJ now!