I'm picking ten people, and I'm going to write my thoughts on these ten people. I will NOT tell you what number you are in this meme. And I will NOT tell you if you've been picked for the meme. Some of these might be easy to guess, and some of them might not - but please do try and guess which one you are.
As Neb said, this is actually supposed to be one of those Junior High-ish paranoid meme things, but I have no desire to inflict that on anyone, much less people I like! ^_^ So, this is all good things about people on my friends list. Also, I did twelve people, because I can't follow directions. Anyway, I promise it's all nice, so go ahead and guess!
1. I am in constant awe of your ability to write-- your ability to see into other human beings and diverse situations. You have a wisdom that extends far beyond your years. Watching your writing mature has been a true gift, and I remain convinced that I will one day see a novel with your name on it. You have a wonderful intelligence, and you teach me things about my own writing I would never have seen without you. You're also a true friend, an intellectual sister under the skin.
2. Whenever I get down on my own writing, you inspire me to pick things back up, either through your own stories, or through direct encouragement. I enjoy working with you so much, and I'm always astonished by the sheer amount of ideas you have. You're also a very kind person, and I've never seen you be anything but generous and helpful to newbies in our fandom-- it's a small thing, but I really appreciate it. Considering how big our fandom is, it's easy to get stuck-up veterans, or just mean people, but you're one of those genuinely kind writers who helps others. You're also the best muse-wrangler I know.
3. Meeting you was kind of accidental, but I'm really grateful for it. Your wry writ and pithy humor has helped me through more than one bad situation. Your playful 'insanity' helps keeps others sane. You're also a sensitive, sweet soul, and you genuinely feel for people. I love reading your comments about current events, politics, religion, because you're so good at cutting through the bullshit. I also love being fannish with you, because I feel like I'm a kid again, goofing around with a friend. That's a great feeling, and I thank you for that.
4. Oh, darling, it would indeed be easy to give this one away! I can't tell you how I appreciate your presence. I've never met anyone as giving as you are, or as intuitive about others' needs. Everyone who talks to you seems to come away feeling better, and it's easy to see why. You also help me keep my hopes up when the ugly aspects of my volunteer work show. You remind me that there are Christians out there who actually practice what Christ preached. You're just lovely, all around. I love flirting with you, too, in that silly way we have.
5. Being in the same fandom with you was a great experience, and I'm glad I've been able to keep in contact with you. Your courage in regards to who you are and your choices, even in the face of your family, helps inspire me to keep going. You help me feel not so alone and isolated, here in Conservative!ville, Ohio. You're also a good person for discussing shows and films, which is always a plus. I enjoy our exchanges very much!
6. I don't know you as well as others, but you're another one of those people who inspires me. It started with a blind story exchange, but I'm glad I've gotten to know you, both your fannish and RL sides. I admire the work you do, and your humanity. You're always there to help others, even when your own times are rough, and that's a wonderful quality to have. I hope to get to know you better.
7. I was being kind of a brat when we first met, and I'm glad that didn't scare you off. The understanding you gave in regards to my sexuality was something I very much needed at the time, and I still thank you for it. Your courage and determination, so continuous in spite of the curve-balls life keeps throwing at you, are truly amazing. I so hope things improve for you, because you deserve so much more.
8. I don't know you that well, but what I do know, I like! You welcomed me into the fandom so graciously, and I still enjoy talking with you on a variety of subjects. You've got this great wit and humor about you, especially in regards to the state of the world today. You make me very glad for the internet, because I would never have met you otherwise.
9. We shared a tight fandom once, and even though we don't 'see' each other as often anymore, I'm glad you're still around. You're so brilliant, and you have this wonderful ability to appreciate both the comedy and tragedy in the same situation. I admire you for both your writing and your chosen area of study, both of which are impressive and intimidating. In short, you rock.
10. We're a couple of old-timers together, aren't we? Damn, I remember those list days together. We had a great time, didn't we? I'm so glad you're still around for me to talk Japanese-shop with, and it's been a pleasure to see you grow into your life as an independent woman. You never shy away from what you want-- you go out and get it, and I find that very admirable, indeed.
11. You're always there when I need you, be it with a kind word, an insightful quote, or just a *hugs*. I admire your literary taste and your analytical skills. I'll always enjoy being Spongy to your 'Tack'. ^_^
12. Another old-timer! You were quite young when we first met, but I'll always appreciate the kind feedback and encouragement you gave me on some of my earliest fics. We re-connected in one of the least likely places, but it's so nice to have you around again.
And now, it's nap time. ^_^